Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Father John Update!! (long awaited : )

Alright, I guilted my Mom and it worked! Here's her report on Father John!

Straight from Margaret:

Okay, so here's the scoop on Father John
At the end of The Girl With Braided Hair, Father John was sent on a sabbatical to Rome. He did not want to go, of course, but being faithful to his vows, as he is, he went.

That prompted a deluge of e-mails from readers along the lines of when is he coming back. Or: Will Father John ever get out of Rome? (Like he was sent to the gulag!)

Two reasons why he went to Rome--1. I wanted to write a stand- alone novel, set in Denver, which turned into Blood Memory (still about the Arapahos.) I wanted to stretch my writerly wings.

2. I wanted to go to Rome.

Of course he had to come back to the Wind River Reservation, because who will solve all the crimes? And Vicky needed him back. And so did I.

So he is back in Silent Spirit, due in bookstores on Sept. 1.
And it was great fun to research and write because of what it is about--check next blog for that.

(I think she means the next "post," but she's still getting the lingo down : )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Betty Zenk said...

I just finished The Silent Spirit. Once again you were able to transport me from my livingroom to the Wind River Reservation where I become an invisible observer of Vicky Holden, Father John O'Malley and the Arapaho people of Wyoming. Thank you for giving me an insight into the characters and culture of one of the Plains Indian tribes. I hope Father O'Malley and Vickie will work together for many years and in many more books. At the end of each book I look forward to the next adventure.

February 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home